Chicken is such a versatile protein. It's able to take on many different flavors. Here's a one pot meal that is packed full of flavor and textures that will have you coming back for seconds!
CHICKEN STEW WITH PLANTAINS
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large, ripe plantain or 2 small ones, chopped in 1/2" pcs
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1/4 cup of diced olives
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 grated lime zest and juice
- 1 grated orange zest and juice
1. Coat the chicken thighs with the lime and orange zest, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper.
2. Add the olive oil to a hot pot and brown the chicken
3. Remove chicken and place on a plate. Now add more olive oil and brown the plantain pieces.
4. Once the plantains have browned (be careful not to burn them), remove and add the bell peppers and onions.
5. Once cooked, add the chicken, plantains, juices, tomatoes and olives into the pot.
6. Simmer for about 30 mins and serve over rice!